Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Catholic Social Justice Quotes


"When I fed the poor, they called me a saint.  When I asked why the poor had no food, they called me a Communist."

Archbishop Dom Helder-Camara



"When I argued that the process through which my client was being dealt with was wanting in fairness, natural justice and impartiality they said that I was accusing them of racism, filed a complaint of professional misconduct against me and recommended that I not be paid for my two years of work."

E.J. Guiste - commenting on his representation as counsel of Justice of the Peace Massiah before a Hearing Panel of the Justices of the Peace Review Council.



"They who have a voice must speak for those who are voiceless."

Archbishop Oscar Romero



"I am sworn to protect my clients and The Rule of Law from government, the police, tortfeasors and even the judiciary."

A Catholic Lawyer's Prayer - Ernest J. Guiste

No comments:

Post a Comment