Friday, April 15, 2016

How to Make a Complaint Against a Justice of the Peace: Excerpts from the Justices of the Peace Review Council Website

Making a Complaint

If you have a complaint of misconduct about a provincial judge or a justice of the peace, you must state your complaint in a signed letter.  The letter of complaint should include the date, time and place of the court hearing and as much detail as possible about why you feel there was misconduct.  If your complaint involves an incident outside the courtroom, please provide as much information as you can, in writing, about what you feel was misconduct on the part of the judge or justice of the peace.

Written complaints should be mailed or faxed to:

The Justices of the Peace Review Council
P.O. Box 914
Adelaide Street Postal Station
31 Adelaide Street East
Toronto,  Ontario
M5C 2K3

(416) 327-2339 Fax

No comments:

Post a Comment