Thursday, June 25, 2015

Excerpts from April 9th, 2014 and July 15th, 2014 Justices of the Peace Review Council Hearing


April 9th, 2014:

8                                   JUSTICE LIVINGSTONE: Thank you,
9         Mr. Guiste.  We will recess until Monday morning,
10      the 28th of April.  Now, at one point we had
11      discussed trying to start a little earlier than
12       10:00 a.m.  All of us would prefer to start earlier
13      than 10:00 a.m. simply because we travel and it is
14      easier for us to get on the highway before -- today
15      is obviously an exception, so unless you have a
16      strenuous objection, I am going to order that our
17      next date for commencement be Monday, the 28th of
18      April at 9:30 a.m.


19                                 MR. GUISTE:

I can't make 9:30.   I was


20      even a little late today.   I came about 10 minutes.
21       I have to bring my daughter to school and by the
22      time I get on the DVP and down here, it's a little



April  09, 2014                                                                                                                   .  Page 165

1       after 10:00 or in and around 10:00.

2                                 JUSTICE LIVINGSTONE:  Well, we're going

3       to try to start at 9:30, Mr. Guiste, and I'd ask
4       you to try to make your best efforts to get here
5       for then and we'll see how we do on the first date
6       of that order.  Thank you.
7                                         MR. GUISTE:  Can I just say this?  I
8       don't mind the panel - - I respect the panel making
9       decisions, but when the panel expressly makes a ·
10       decision in terms of a start time, when I clearly
11       and unequivocally tell them about my parental
12       obligations and you compel me to come at 9:30, in
13       my respectful submission that's a little bit
14       unfair.

15                                 JUSTICE LIVINGSTONE:  Thank you for

16       that.  We'll see you at 9:30 on April 28th.
-- Whereupon the tribunal adjourned at 3:12 p.m.


July 15th, 2014:
I've
told you that for a year.











1


JUSTICE LIVINGSTONE:  Sorry, Mr.
2
Guiste,
you're hot, you want to take your jacket
3
off?

4

MR. GUISTE:  Yes, please.
5

JUSTICE LIVINGSTONE:  I'm sorry.  We're
6   all in the same room, we're all hot, I don't think
7
it's
appropriate.  I'm old-fashioned, Mr. Guiste,
8
I've
told you that for a year.


No comments:

Post a Comment