The particulars of the complaint regarding the conduct of Your Worship are set out below:
3. You displayed improper and/or offensive conduct and made inappropriate, sexual and/or offensive comments directed at females that made persons working in the justice system feel uncomfortable, uneasy or embarrassed;
Excerpts of His Worship Massiah's
written submissions on the allegations
5. Particulars of date, time and place for 7(a), (b), (c ), (d), (e), (f), 8(a), (b), ( c), (d), 9, 10, 11, 13.
Question: Is that true?
Excerpts of His Worship's
written submissions on
abuse of process re CC's
(referred to as B in the
C's character reference
for His Worship - Ex. 25
To whom it may concern:
This is B returning your e mail. I apologize in advance for being late as I was on holidays and just returned today.
My comments are as follows for His Worship Massiah:
1. I have worked with him since he was appointed to his Justice of the Peace position.
2. I have been in the justice system as a criminal court reporter, court clerk, C.S.O. and court cleark monitor and further to date as P.O.A. court clerk monitor for approximately 14 years.
3. I have worked with His Worship many times in and out of court.
4. He is a very kind, caring and down to earth person.
5. He always treats me with the greatest of respect - even though he is the Justice of the Peace and I am the clerk of the court. He has never made me feel lower.
6. We have conversations in the mornings, in chambers, and he has never done or said anything inappropriate to me. We have carried on humour and of course I have accepted it with no regret or thereat.
7. He always give praise and thanks when he is working with me.
8. Yes he may make comments with regards to how your look or a new hair do but has never made me feel uncomfortable. When he is in intake court, and is sometimes wearing a suit, I also make comments of the same to him.
There is so much more that I could say about His Worship but since he has been away for so long some things are hard to remember.
Again, the bottom line is, I find no merit to the case against him from his dealings with myself nor do I think he could/would be that type of person.
B's October 7, 2011 e mail
I was happy to answer your inquiries about His Worship Massiah. However, I do not consent to attending any type of hearing to testify for personal reasons. I hope you respect my decision as it would make me fell very uncomfortable to appear in front of my peers.
Excerpt of Panel's findings
re DD (paragraph 7(f))
 Paragraph 7(f) of the Notice of Hearing sets out the allegation that His Worship made the comment, "Oh DD, you're looking great today" and "Have you lost weight ? Those pants really look good on you" to a court clerk, DD.
 Ms. DD was called as a witness by His Worship. She did not recall His Worship commenting about her pants or her weight.
(transcript July 28, pp. 138, 139)
Excerpts of DD's
testimony under cross-examination
by Presenting Counsel - July 28, 2014
Q. Do you recall His Worship at some point commenting on the fact that you had lost weight ?
Q. And did he ever comment to you about your clothing, and tell you that your pants fit you nicely or form you ?